Coffee might just be the way to life for most Designers as the two have been in relationship for the longest time. In fact, Designers function with Coffee only. It is not surprising at all that more than 80% of the Designers are hooked to their Coffee and for rest of them their Chai (tea) or Green tea does the job. In short, everyone has their constant companion on their side.
Why Coffee though?
Coffee is indeed an omnipresent drink– probably because of its property of aiding concentration and focus over a short period of time. I believe this could be the reason why Designers think of Coffee before thinking of their concepts, wire frames and prototypes. Hence, one finds the Designers very often brewing their Coffee in office.
Yes, it helps…Here’s how…
I am sharing the advantages that I know of drinking Coffee.
- Nothing else comes close to providing as many antioxidants as Coffee. Antioxidants strengthen your ability to fight infection and disease.
- You get De-stressed by just smelling Coffee.
- Studies have shown that people who use caffeine are less likely to develop Parkinson’s disease.
- If you drink alcohol, then Coffee can be the saviour of your liver.
- Those who drink four or more cups of Coffee were about 10 percent less likely to be depressed than those who had never touched that cuppa.
- Coffee also acts as a mild antidepressant.
- Women who drink three or more cups of Coffee a day are much less likely to develop skin cancer than those who don’t.
- Coffee also helps in burning fat.
- Coffee helps you in not developing diabetes
- You become active and can even work the whole night by drinking Coffee. If you know more benefits, please share them in comments.
But first, lemme have my Coffee!
Designers usually have long working days that last around 12 hours a day (regular job +freelance work). Since they are in tech industry, they have to stay updated on what’s latest in the market, what’s obsolete, essentially they have to be aware about all the current stuff in their field. Also, they have to constantly hone their skills, upgrade them to stay up to date and learn whatever new skills whenever they can. These things take up a few extra hours from that usual day as well.
No wonder Designers keep coming back to their Coffee/Chai to finish all that in one day. Imagine all that happens in just one day and happens every day. So, Coffee helps them stay awake, focussed and creative.